Home Cowboys NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- Per NJ.com’s Zack Rosenblatt, Eagles HC Doug Pederson said OT Jason Peters should return to practice on Wednesday following a knee scope procedure.
- Pederson confirmed that it was WR DeSean Jackson‘s decision to forego surgery and try to come back this season after initially suffering his abdominal injury. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery is day to day, per Pederson. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Jeffery said he injured his ankle following Sunday’s win against the Bears. (McLane)
- Eagles G Brandon Brooks says he’s thrilled to sign an extension to stay in Philadelphia: “I was telling some teammates the past couple of days: I know I’m in a good situation here. I don’t wanna play anywhere else. I don’t wanna go anywhere else. I love the city, love the fans.” (Rosenblatt)
- According to Kareem Copeland of the Washington Post, the Redskins are expected to be in attendance at Colin Kaepernick‘s workout.
- However, Redskins interim HC Bill Callahan previously said he didn’t think Washington would attend since it already had three quarterbacks. Callahan reportedly has full control of the 53-man roster. (JP Finlay)
- Callahan is confident Redskins RB Derrius Guice will get plenty of work this week in his first game back after going on injured reserve. (Finlay)
- Redskins TE Vernon Davis remains in the concussion protocol. (John Keim)
- The Redskins worked out TEs Keith Towbridge (signed to practice squad), Bucky Hodges and Brandon Barnes this week. (Aaron Wilson)