Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com previews the Eagles’ running back position a few weeks away from the start of training camp.
- Regarding Jay Ajayi, Kempski writes that this could very well be his final year with the team, seeing as he’s set to be an unrestricted free agent in 2019 and will likely be looking to cash in. Kempski adds that Philadelphia could look to get their money’s worth this year by giving Ajayi a much higher workload than he had a year ago.
- Kempski mentions that with the emergence of Corey Clement, it’s possible that Darren Sproles‘ snaps could be decreased from what he handled a few years ago. In fact, Kempski says that most of Sproles’ contributions will likely come as a returner on special teams.
- If Matt Jones can show his fumbling issues are behind him, Kempski believes he could take over the late-game closer role LeGarrette Blount handle last year.
- Kempski mentions Wendell Smallwood as a candidate who could be traded in the coming months.
Matt Lombardo of NJ.com takes a look at the Giants’ receiver position heading into training camp.
- Lombardo considers Odell Beckham Jr, Sterling Shepard, Cody Latimer, Hunter Sharp and Roger Lewis all to be locks to secure spots on the 53-man roster this summer.
- As for receivers who will enter camp on the roster bubble, Lombardo lists Russell Shepard, Kalif Raymond and Travis Rudolph.
- This leaves Jawill Davis and Amba Etta-Tawo likely on the outside looking in.
- Rich Tandler of NBC Washington would be “very surprised” if OLB Junior Galette returned to the Redskins.
- Even so, Tandler says it would make sense for Washington to remain in contact with him, given that there are questions about their depth at edge rusher.
- This comes after Galette recently said there’s “still a chance” he could re-sign with the Redskins before the start of the season.
- Back in March, the Redskins reportedly informed Galette that they wouldn’t be re-signing him. (NFLTR)
- Last we heard regarding Galette, he mentioned via his Instagram account that he has three offers from NFL teams currently on the table, but he has been contemplating retirement, which is why he has yet to agree to anything. (NFLTR)
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.