Bears TE Trey Burton told reporters on Monday that his groin “completely locked up” and he tried “everything possible” to loosen up, but it didn’t work out for him.
“I let my team down. I hate it,” Burton said, via the Chicago Tribune. “Especially going against one of my former teams. Playoff game. All the implications. It was tough.”
- Charles Robinson mentions that Bears QBs coach Dave Ragone could be a dark horse candidate for the Titans’ offensive coordinator job now that they lost Matt LaFleur to the Packers.
- The Detroit Lions announced Tuesday that they’ve hired Mike Disner as Vice President of Football Administration.
- Tom Silverstein reports that Packers TEs coach Brian Angelichio has an offer to stay in Green Bay as part of Matt LaFleur’s staff.
- A tells Silverstein that LaFleur is unlikely to lure QBs coach Zac Taylor away from the Rams because Sean McVay wouldn’t let him go for a non-play-calling OC position.
Rob Demovsky reports that the Packers are expected to retain DL coach Jerry Montgomery, who impressed DC Mike Pettine with his work with the defensive line unit this past season.
- Demovsky adds that Joe Whitt, Patrick Graham, Jason Simmons and Scott McCurley should remain on board, but titles and positions could change.
- A league source tells Jim Owczarski that two names worth watching for Matt LaFleur’s staff in Green Bay are Bengals’ Brayden Coombs for the special teams coordinator job and Rams assistant LBs coach Chris Shula for a full position coach.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!