- According to Brad Biggs, it’s “unlikely” the Bears will look to extend QB Mitchell Trubisky‘s contract after the 2019 season, given that he’s under contract through 2020 and Chicago has a fifth-year option for the 2021 season.
- FAU RB Devin Singletary met with the Bears last week. (Chase Goodbread)
- According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions hosted three players for official pre-draft visits this week, including Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell, Arizona DT P.J. Johnson, and Middle Tennessee State LB Darius Harris.
- Air Force LB Ryan Watson earned an invitation to rookie minicamp with his performance during his tryout. (Dave Birkett)
- FAU RB Devin Singletary met with the Lions last week. (Chase Goodbread)
Vikings DE Everson Griffen, who was hospitalized in September due to concerns of his mental health, said he is “staying consistent” with his outside life and is ready to continue playing football.
“It’s a progression each and every day,” Griffen said, via Courtney Cronin of ESPN. “I’m taking it day by day, staying consistent with my life outside of football with those matters and stuff like that, and I’m happy. I’m happy.”
Griffen added that he is “back to myself” and is ready to play football “at a high level again.”
“Am I back to myself? Yeah, I’m back to smiling, joking, that fun guy to be around, but I truly have an understanding of the things that I have to hold myself accountable with day in and day out. That’s what I took upon myself this offseason to handle and make sure I got a good handle on that, to be able to come back with an open mind and ready to play football at a high level again.“