- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, Bears DT Akiem Hicks received a $500,000 bonus for reporting to training camp.
Lions OL coach Jeff Davidson said their guard positions are a “work in progress” and hope to “iron out” their starters in training camp.
“I’m certainly not going to say with a straight face that this is final, this is finished,” said Davidson, via Matt Schoch of The Detroit News. “It’s a work in progress, and I’m looking forward in camp to be able to try to iron out all the details with what’s going to work best for us.”
Davidson reiterated that they are looking to determine both guard spots and is “trying to create competition” going into training camp.
“We don’t even know who our starting guards are going to be, that’s the truth of the matter,” Davidson said. “We’re trying to create competition. It’s what’s fun for us is those guys going at it, getting the best out of them each day, looking for daily improvement and at the end of camp, hopefully coming out with what we say is the best group of five.”
- According to Field Yates, Lions HC Matt Patricia had some work done to clean up a lower leg injury and will be limited through camp.
- Lions WR Marvin Jones was practicing as the Lions began training camp. Jones missed the latter portion of the 2018 season with a knee injury. (Michael Rothstein)
- 2019: $6 million signing bonus, $2.05 million base salary
- 2020: $1 million base salary, $2 million roster bonus on the third day of the league year, up to $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses, $300,000 workout bonus.
- 2021: $4.1 million base salary, up to $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses, $300,000 workout bonus, potential $250,000 escalator for Pro Bowl or sacks incentives.
- 2022: $4.9 million base salary, up to $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses, $500,000 workout bonus, potential $250,000 escalator for Pro Bowl or sacks incentives.
- According to Ryan Wood, Packers FB Danny Vitale has been a fixture in the offense early in camp and appears like a roster lock.
- Packers S Josh Jones worked at inside linebacker in the team’s nickel defense. (Tom Silverstein)
- Packers K Mason Crosby (calf), RB Dexter Williams (illness) and CB Josh Jackson (foot) all sat out practice Thursday. (Jim Owczarski)