- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com points out that if the Bears cut RB Mike Davis, who’s had five total snaps since Week 2, they would gain a potential fourth-round compensatory pick for the loss of S Adrian Amos.
- The Bears have until Saturday to make that decision. (Korte)
The Lions defense has become a problem in recent weeks, culminating in a 31-24 loss to the Raiders on Sunday where Oakland shredded Detroit’s defense. Lions HC Matt Patricia earned his reputation in the NFL on the defensive side of the ball but said he doesn’t have any plans to take over playcalling from DC Paul Pasqualoni.
“I think it’s important for me to continue to try to do my best as the head coach to manage the game and make sure that I’m paying attention to all the phases and things that I see as the game goes on that need to be either corrected or addressed, or just kind of confirmed or handled,” Patricia said via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “So I don’t really see any of that changing right now.”
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers voiced his displeasure with the Green Bay offense after the Packers laid an egg in a 26-11 road loss to the Chargers on Sunday. Rodgers suggested that the team wasn’t prepared and let the road trip to the West Coast affect their preparation.
“We’ve got to be honest about our routine and decisions we made the last 48 hours and make sure that our heads are in the right place the next time we come on a big road trip, which will just be in three weeks,” Rodgers said via ESPN’s Rob Demovsky.
- Per Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer didn’t want to speculate on when WR Adam Thielen would be able to return from his hamstring injury: “Whenever the doctor says he’s ready to play, he’s ready.”
- Zimmer confirmed that Thielen re-injured his hamstring Sunday against the Chiefs. Thielen missed last Thursday’s game after initially tweaking his hamstring the previous Sunday: “It really wasn’t a bad hamstring when he first hurt it. Obviously, with the MRI we do all those things, but it really wasn’t a bad grade.” (Andrew Krammer)
- Zimmer wasn’t sure if Minnesota would activate WR Josh Doctson from injured reserve this week. (Tomasson)