Bears QB Mitch Trubisky admitted that he hasn’t played up to his potential since entering the NFL.
“Any time you feel like you’re not playing up to your potential, I think that drives you,” Trubisky said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “I’ve got a lot of personal drive and fire within me [and] I know I haven’t played to my potential yet. That’s frustrating, but it’s also something that motivates me a lot.”
“You see really good games, and then you see some really bad games,” Trubisky said of his season. “The consistency just hasn’t been there. I think I could be a lot more of a consistent quarterback in the future.”
- OUT for Week 17: WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion), DT Eddie Goldman (concussion), DT Akiem Hicks (elbow)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 17: T Rashaad Coward (knee), T Bobby Massie (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: CB Prince Amukamara (hamstring)
Lions WR Kenny Golladay says he’s “grateful” to be in Detroit and expects to discuss an extension with the team after the season.
“We haven’t talked about it,” Golladay said, via DetroitLions.com. “I’m sure we will the next few months or so. Everything will work itself out. I’m very grateful to be here. [Detroit] definitely took a shot on me and that would be a good way to repay them.”
- Lions OL Graham Glasgow said Friday “at this point in time it would be almost dumb not to” test free agency. (Michael Rothstein)
- Glasgow said he’s “hoping to talk” to the Lions and that he thought a deal might have gotten done already, but he didn’t want to say much about talks between him and the team.
- OUT for Week 17: DT A’Shawn Robinson (shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: LB Devon Kennard (shoulder), LB Steve Longa (quadricep), K Matt Prater (illness), T Rick Wagner (knee), S Tavon Wilson (hamstring)
- Scouting sources within the Packers have told Matt Miller they know how deep next year’s receiver class is and they’re ready to give Aaron Rodgers a legitimate target to go along with Davante Adams.
- DOUBTFUL for Week 17: S Will Redmond (hamstring), RB Dan Vitale (knee), RB Jamaal Williams (shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: WR Jake Kumerow (illness)
- Courtney Cronin reports that while I’m told the Vikings haven’t finalized their plan for Sunday, they’re leaning heavily towards resting a bulk of their starters including Kirk Cousins.
- Cronin says Minnesota is viewing their Week 17 matchup with the Bears as a bye in terms of getting guys rested and healthy for January.
- OUT for Week 17: RB Dalvin Cook (shoulder), LB Eric Kendricks (quadricep)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: CB Mackensie Alexander (knee), S Jayron Kearse (foot), RB Alexander Mattison (ankle)