- Peter King mentions that the Lions want to trade out of the No. 8 spot, but he can’t figure out which team is going to want to trade up with them.
- Todd McShay confirms that the Lions are looking to trade down from No. 8 overall and mentions that the Redskins are a team worth keeping an eye on as a trade partner.
“We value that position extremely highly,” Gutekunst said via ESPN’s Rob Demovsky. “If you don’t have one, it’s very hard to win in this league… If that’s the best thing for your team, you can’t hesitate with that. … We’re lucky to have the best player in the NFL at that position right now, but at the same time your needs can change and you do your due diligence.”
- According to Demovsky, Gutekunst says the Packers plan to pick up DT Kenny Clark‘s fifth-year option: “I would expect that would happen. He’s a dominant player on the defensive front.”
- Gutekunst says there are more trade scenarios to be aware of with two first-round picks. (Jim Owczarski)
- Gutekunst mentioned it was great to see OL Cole Madison return and believes he’s an even better scheme fit in new HC Matt LaFleur‘s offense. (Michael Cohen)