- 49ers C Daniel Kilgore said his three-year extension was a “team friendly” deal: “Team-friendly deal that we can go out and get some good free agents.” (Eric Branch)
- Kilgore added that he was committed to the 49ers’ organization and believes the team is headed in the right direction: “I’ve been here 7 years and I consider the Bay Area my second home, to be able to extend my career wearing the 49ers jersey was special to me. This team heading in the right direction, i wanted to be a part of it.” (Cam Inman)
- Bruce Feldman reports that the 49ers are hiring Florida Atlantic DC Chris Kiffin as their pass rush specialist coach.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune expects the Bears to tender WR Cameron Meredith a restricted offer in the coming weeks.
- According to Biggs, there’s likely a better chance of the Bears re-signing free agent WR Kendall Wright this offseason than bringing back Markus Wheaton at the $5 million he’s owed for the 2018 season.
- Some under-the-radar pass rushers who could be options for Chicago, according to Biggs, include Trent Murphy, Jerry Attaochu and possibly Dion Jordan.
- Biggs doubts that either Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins end up testing the open market. However, one receiver Biggs believes is worth keeping an eye on for the Bears is Chiefs free agent Albert Wilson.
- Biggs writes that unless the Beas use their franchise tag on CB Kyle Fuller, odds are he’s going to want to test the open market and see what’s out there for him.
- Rick Stroud reports that former Colts DC Ted Monachino interviewed with the Buccaneers for their defensive line coaching position on Wednesday.
- According to Stroud, there’s currently no word whether Monachino was offered the job or if the Bucs will interview more candidates to replace Jay Hayes.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that Teddy Bridgewater’s camp doesn’t believe his contract will toll for one year after he was on the PUP list for the first six games of the 2017 season.
- If Bridgewater’s contract were to toll, it would prevent him from being an unrestricted free agent next month and give the Vikings one more year of control.
- Minnesota has deferred all comments to the NFL on the matter, saying that it’s up to them.
- We have Bridgewater featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!