- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at some edge rushers to watch for the 49ers in this year’s draft class.
- Barrows list includes Harold Landry (Boston College), Marcus Davenport (UTSA), Arden Key (LSU), and Sam Hubbard (Ohio State).
- Some options, according to Barrows, could include Hercules Mata’afa (Washington State) Okoronkwo Ogbonnia (Oklahoma), Kemoko Turay (Rutgers), Jeff Holland (Auburn) and Kylie Fitts (Utah).
Former Bears HC John Fox tells NBC Sports Chicago that he believes the team is close to turning things around and wishes he could have stayed on to help them get there.
“It would’ve been nice to see it through,” Fox said. “That’s kind of a bitter pill but you sort things out and move forward.
“I do think it’s closer than people think. We inherited a mess … but I felt we were on the brink at the end. I think that [Halas Hall] building is definitely different; they feel it. I do think that it was a positive.”
“You wish some things would’ve happened differently obviously,” Fox added, “but there was a lot positive that happened.”
- The Detroit Lions announced Tuesday that they’ve hired Brian Picucci as an offensive assistant coach/quality control coach.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Rams could be deciding between using their franchise tag on WR Sammy Watkins or S Lamarcus Joyner.
- The franchise tag is projected to cost $15,682,000 for receivers and $10,896,000 for safeties this year.
- We have both players featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.