- Jennifer Lee Chan reports that the 49ers have fired head strength and conditioning coach Ray Wright on Friday.
- 49ers signed DT Kapron Lewis-Moore to a futures contract. (NFLTR)
- Miko Grimes says that seven teams offered to trade for CB Brent Grimes at the deadline. However, Buccaneers GM Jason Licht wouldn’t trade Grimes because it would have signaled that they were giving up on the season. (Rick Stroud)
- Miko added that Brent wanted to pull a “Vontae [Davis]” and quit: “I was like I was done with it,” Brent Grimes said. “I feel like all the teams are the same.” (Rick Stroud)
- Grimes said he didn’t want to play because they asked him to shadow Antonio Brown and other top receivers but were only paying him $7 million when other cornerbacks who shadow top receivers make $14 million. (Rick Stroud)
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said there’s no timeline for when they’ll talk about a new deal for WR Julio Jones, but that they will “take care of that business” in the coming months.
“He and I and the organization are in a really good place right now,” Dimitroff said, via AtlantaFalcons.com. “We thought he had a standout season. He continues to lead both on and off. His leadership is exemplary, as far as how he approached things this year. Just really excited about how he took it all on.”