Home 49ers NFC Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Giants, Rams & Redskins
- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN does not expect RB Kerwynn Williams to be back with the team after the 2015 season.
- Weinfuss anticipates the running back lineup to look as follows: Andre Ellington, David Johnson, Stepfan Taylor and FB Robert Hughes.
- HC Bruce Arians said he could see the Cardinals fielding “eight or nine” defensive lineman, due to the depth at the position.
- Veteran LB LaMarr Woodley has appeared with the first-team, and has “looked good” during offseason activities.
- According to Dan Graziano of ESPN, the Giants will not make any final decisions regarding first-round rookie OT Ereck Flowers‘ playing position until padded practices take place.
- Graziano has drawn concern from TE Larry Donnell‘s Achilles’ injury.
- WR Odell Beckham Jr. is not worried about his recent hamstring injury.
- HC Jeff Fisher said that the team “always” looking at possible free agent additions, particularly to the offensive line, per Nick Wagoner of ESPN.
- The Rams are not expected to make any more “big” trades this offseason.
- Wagoner could see the Rams offering extensions to QB Nick Foles, DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins and FS Rodney McLeod.
- Wagoner believes the Rams could try to get a deal done with Foles that would be in the $15-to-$17 million range.
- Wagoner’s “hunch” is that CB E.J. Gaines will win the No. 2 cornerback job.
- According to John Keim of ESPN, LB Trent Murphy has participated with the first-team through offseason activities, and should be expected to start for the regular season.
- Keim believes that the concern over TE Jordan Reed‘s injury is diminished due to the presence of TE Niles Paul and undrafted rookie TE Davin Mahina.
- Keim writes that for Josh LeRibeus to make the 53-man roster, he would have to do it as a guard or center.