- Matt Barrows of The Athletic believes that while rookie DT Javon Kinlaw is the most intriguing 49ers player heading into 2020, he had almost forgotten about T Trent Williams. Barrows says that the only question is whether Williams will be a one-and-done acquisition like WR Emmanuel Sanders was in 2019.
- Barrows theorizes that TE George Kittle didn’t grow into his current body until 2018 and had to learn how to outwork his opponents if he wanted to win. When the traits of an overachiever were then put into a better body, something special happened.
- Barrows adds that while WR Brandon Aiyuk’s rookie curve could be steeper than that of WR Deebo Samuel’s because of the lost spring practices, Aiyuk also doesn’t have the benefit of working opposite a crafty veteran and that Samuel did not become the player he is now until the second half of the season.
- Santa Clara County and State of California health officials said they are reviewing the 49ers’ protocols for training camp starting on July 21 when rookies are scheduled to report. (Matt Barrows)
- Darren Urban of the team website writes the Cardinals are expecting their secondary to be much improved in 2020.
- Urban notes that in addition to bringing back Pro Bowl-caliber CB Patrick Peterson and S Budda Baker, the Cardinals are also getting No. 2 CB Robert Alford back from a broken leg and expect 2019 second-round CB Byron Murphy to be much better in his second season.
- Urban adds Cardinals S Jalen Thompson seized a starting role after being taken in the fifth round of the supplemental draft ahead of regular fifth-round S Deionte Thompson and both will look to improve in 2020.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!