- Matt Maiocco of NBC Bay Area writes that the 49ers will certainly tender WR Kendrick Bourne a restricted offer in the coming weeks.
- Maiocco says the only question is at what level, seeing as the second-round tender would cost them around $3.2 million or so for the 2020 season.
- Maiocco mentions that San Francisco can’t run the risk of losing him for nothing, but they should also look to sign him to a multi-year extension.
- ESPN’s Steve Levy said Saturday before the start of the XFL game between the Seattle Dragons and Roughnecks that the Seahawks have sent scouts to the game in Houston to take a look at Roughnecks QB P.J. Walker. (Pro Football Talk)
- According to John Boyle of Seahawks.com, the team clearly wants to bring back DE Jadeveon Clowney, and there is a possibility of him re-signing. However, Clowney will likely draw interest from several teams in free agency, so his return to Seattle is far from a sure thing.
- Chris Tomasson of Pioneer Press reports that Vikings TE David Morgan, who missed all of last season due to a knee injury, will remain on the roster next season, given that his contract has tolled.
- Tomasson mentions that Morgan’s $735,000 contract could increase to $825,000 if a new CBA passes and takes immediate effect.
- A source also told Tomasson that he expects Morgan to be ready for training camp. However, with no guaranteed money on his contract, Tomasson mentions that the Vikings could release him at any point before the season without any financial obligation.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!