Bears HC Matt Nagy mentioned that WR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson is a “unique” player due to his size and speed.
“I enjoyed watching him when he was teammates with Tyler Bray [the Bears’ third-string quarterback] at Tennessee,” Nagy said. “Now what he’s morphed into as a player throughout his [NFL] career, it’s pretty unique.“
Nagy added that Patterson’s versatility allows him to be more flexible as a play-caller.
“As a play-caller it allowed you to be flexible with what you can do. You saw [against the Broncos] we were able to get him on the edge. He’s a big dude that’s flying around there with a lot of speed.”
Nagy compared Patterson to RB Tarik Cohen since they both can play receiver and running back.
“He’s similar but different to Tarik,” Nagy said. “They can both play wide receiver. They can both play in the backfield. And they’re both very smart — it’s pretty cool to see the volume they can handle. We just have to make sure we don’t do too much of it.”
- Bears K Eddy Pineiro (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 3 and was limited in Saturday’s practice. (Adam Jahns)
- Nagy said Pineiro suffered a “minor” knee injury in the weight room on Friday but he thinks he’ll be recovered in time for Monday’s game: “Today he felt like it was hurting him a little bit. I really do think that we’ll be OK.” (Rich Campbell)
- Bears FS Eddie Jackson, who was dealing with a shoulder injury, suffered a knee issue and is listed as questionable for Week 3. (Rich Campbell)
- The Bears officially ruled out DT Bilal Nichols (hand) for Week 3’s game and have TE Trey Burton (groin), S Eddie Jackson (shoulder, knee), G Kyle Long (hip), and K Eddy Pineiro (right knee) listed as questionable.
Cardinals TE Maxx Williams said he is content blocking more if it helps the team win.
“If they’re going to ask us to run more, I’ll block my ass off,” said Williams, via Bob McManaman. “I just want to win. So it doesn’t matter if I’m run blocking, pass blocking, catching balls or not catching balls. If we’re f—— winning, I’m happy.”
- The Lions ruled out DL Da’Shawn Hand (elbow) from Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
Saints HC Sean Payton said LB Alex Anzalone underwent surgery on his shoulder and will likely miss the entire season.
“Initially it was going to be (IR) where we were going to have a chance to bring him back and then after they did a 2nd evaluation, he had a procedure … probably 2-3 days ago, which … will likely put him out for the season,” said Payton, via Katherine Terrell.