- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Bears WR Javon Wims plans to appeal his two-game suspension for starting a fight with Saints DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson.
- MLive.com’s Kyle Meinke refutes a CBS Sports report that Lions WR Kenny Golladay was absent Saturday. Meinke says Golladay was at multiple meetings and remains in good standing with the team.
- Per NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Golladay is out this week with a hip injury and will be week-to-week after that. He could miss more than one game and even end up on injured reserve.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press notes the injury does not help Golladay’s leverage as he plays out a contract year.
- Conversely, Birkett points out Lions DE Romeo Okwara is playing really well and making himself some money next offseason as he also plays out a contract year.
- Lions WR coach Robert Prince said he trusts fifth-round WR Quintez Cephus to step up despite being a healthy scratch in recent weeks: “I’m very pleased with (him). … His role was to be a backup for the two outside guys, so when Kenny came back his play time went down. Nothing against him. We’re happy with him and with where his future is gonna go.” (Chris Burke)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!