After an early-season flare-up, Bears WR Allen Robinson has largely kept his contract negotiations out of the public eye, choosing instead to focus on the week-to-week grind of the NFL season. But all that means is the Bears will have to figure out the impasse between the two sides at a later date as Robinson is still seeking major money.
“I think after Week 2 or Week 3, I was putting that [talk] behind me,” Robinson said via ESPN’s Jeff Dickerson. “It comes down to just playing. That’s the most important thing right now. It’s about playing, playing well, trying to help get this thing turned around. Again, unfortunately, we’re in the situation that we’re in. In this league, you are going to have obstacles and adversity and as a team; that’s what we’re facing. So for us, we could either pack it in or we could pick it up. … I’m going to try my best to help pick this thing up.
“But at the end of the day, I’m putting all that [contract talk] behind me. That’ll be talked about … [but] that’s none of my concern right now. So whatever that road is, when we get there, we get there.”
- According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, sources believe Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald, who was pursued by the Packers in 2019 before they ended up hiring Matt LaFleur and has drawn NFL interest, would need a utopian situation to leave Northwestern and the only NFL job they could see fitting that would be the Bears.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bears also placed a waiver claim for OL Pat Elflein on Monday, but the Jets had the top waiver priority.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Lions QB Matthew Stafford had X-rays on his thumb come back negative. Stafford could be limited in practice but isn’t expected to miss game time.
- Stafford essentially confirmed the report to Fox Sports’ Dan Miller and he didn’t seem concerned about missing Week 11: “I’m going to do everything I can to be out there. I like my chances.”
- Per ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers HC Matt LaFleur said it’s “probably promising” that Green Bay activates WR Allen Lazard before Wednesday’s deadline.
- The Packers tried out P Drew Kaser and K Sam Sloman. (Albert Breer)