Bears GM Ryan Pace explained that Ifedi was on their radar in the draft a few years ago.
“He’s a guy that we liked coming out in the draft. We’ve kept close tabs on him,” Pace said. “We got him to really add competition to the offensive line. That depth there is important.”
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Lions held a virtual interview with Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in the past few days, adding speculation to what Detroit will do with the No. 3 pick.
- Garafolo also mentions that Detroit has received calls about the possibility of trading back from the No. 3 pick.
Former Rams RB Todd Gurley was asked Friday about the money he’s owed from Los Angeles.
“I still need my money,” Gurley said with a laugh, via ESPN.com. “That’s what I’m waiting on. I’ve got so much time on my hands, so I’m having fun, man. If you know me, you know how I am. Always joking and laughing with the Rams teammates. They know how I am. It’s all fun and games. I still do need my money, though. I am serious about that part. But it’s all fun and games.”
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN notes that after trading WR Brandin Cooks to the Texans, the Rams are placing a heavy workload on TE Tyler Higbee, WR Cooper Kupp and WR Robert Woods, as Los Angeles doesn’t have many picks to add playmakers via the draft.
- Aaron Wilson adds that the Rams take on $21.8 million in dead money by trading Cooks to the Texans.
- Turron Davenport reports that West Virginia CB Keith Washington had video interviews with the Jets and Chargers. Other teams that have expressed the most interest include the Rams, Browns, Panthers, and Titans.