Home Bears NFC Notes: Bears, Rams, Redskins, Seahawks
- Bears HC John Fox confirmed that G Kyle Long had successful surgery on Tuesday to repair a herniated disc in his neck.
- As for OLB Pernell McPhee, who was placed on injured reserve today (NFLTR), Fox said he re-tweaked his shoulder last game: “With two games remaining I think it’s better for him and us to put him on injured reserve.” (Zach Zaidman)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Rams brought in free agent K/P Austin Rehkow for a workout on Wednesday.
- Redskins LT Trent Williams said he likely won’t play again this season, barring an emergency situation. (John Keim)
- Williams admitted that there’s a chance he’ll undergo surgery next week and his rehab is expected to take six months.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll admitted it hasn’t really worked out with RB Eddie Lacy “for a number of reasons” this year, but he added that Lacy and Thomas Rawls are still “battling'” to see if either can get playing time this week. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, RB Chris Carson (leg, injured reserve) will not practice on Wednesday and he’s considered day to day. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll said that DE Michael Bennett continuing to deal with a swollen knee and missing practice has undoubtedly impacted his play. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll mentioned that LB K.J. Wright has been cleared to play and he took part in team’s walk-through on Wednesday, which means he’s expected to suit up in Week 16. (Bob Condotta)