- The Buccaneers notified RFA LB Adarius Glanton that they will not tender him a contract this offseason. (Greg Auman)
- Tampa Bay also will not tender a contract to fellow RFA DB Jude Adjei-Barimah, making him an unrestricted free agent. (Greg Auman)
Cardinals HC Steve Wilks said the team will be “very aggressive” in finding their franchise quarterback through free agency, trade, or in the draft.
“Very smart and intelligent guy. A guy that’s going to come in and command, not only the huddle, but that side of the ball, that locker room. A competitor. A guy that loves to compete,” Wilks said of the quarterback they’re looking for, per Josh Weinfuss.”We’re looking for all those things. That DNA.”
Free agent LB Sean Weatherspoon says he’s hoping to be back with the Falcons, but admitted that the Colts could be an option after they hired his college coach, Matt Eberflus, as their defensive coordinator.
“My college coach (Matt Eberflus) who recruited me to Missouri is the (defensive) coordinator for the Colts now,” Weatherspoon said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “There are a lot of things, I love Atlanta, but I’m just looking for an opportunity. I’d love to be here. If things work out, this is where I’ll be.”
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that it doesn’t sound like Seahawks CB Richard Sherman is going anywhere soon, given that he’s coming off of an Achilles injury and Seattle wouldn’t be able to trade him until he was 100 percent healthy.
- As for S Earl Thomas, Rapoport says that it’s “much more likely” the Seahawks get a long-term extension done with him than trade him.
- Rapoport admits that if a team were to offer Seattle a ton of draft picks, the Seahawks would obviously consider the offer.