- Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians says WR Mike Evans is dealing with a soft tissue injury and could be a game-time decision Sunday against the Saints.
- Evans was listed with a hamstring injury and did not practice Wednesday. (Adam Caplan)
- ESPN’s Vaughn McClure reports Falcons DE Charles Harris is dealing with an ankle injury but is unsure how it will affect his Week 1 status.
- Per the Athletics Tori McElhaney, Falcons HC Dan Quinn says that while G James Carpenter will start at left guard, the team will continue to mix in third-round OL Matt Hennessy as the competition continues.
- Falcons CB Kendall Sheffield did not practice and has been spotted in a walking boot. His status for Sunday could be in doubt. (McClure)
- The Athletic’s Joe Person notes the Panthers have shown they’re willing to do extensions in-season which is worth keeping in mind for OT Taylor Moton and WR Curtis Samuel.
- Recent deals for Bills OT Dion Dawkins and Lions OT Taylor Decker could help set the market for Moton at around $14-$15 million per season.
- Panthers HC Matt Rhule expressed confidence in G Michael Schofield if G Dennis Daley (ankle) can’t play Week 1. (Person)
- Panthers WR Robby Anderson is listed as the starter outside opposite from WR D.J. Moore, who says Anderson’s speed brings a dynamic element to the offense: “You can lose him in the game plan and he can go for 100 yards. That’s the kind of player he is.” (David Newton)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!