“I want to talk a little bit about what we have had to deal with in terms of talking about relationships, OK?” Monken said, via JoeBucsFan.com. “I have been here almost two years. From a coach-player relationship, I have never seen anything close to what is being talked about between our head coach and our quarterback. Not one thing.”
However, Monken later insinuated that the relationship between Koetter and Winston has been “strained.”
“What I want people to understand is this,” Monken added. “The majority of players I have ever coached in my life, at some point in our relationship it has been strained. Fact. If you ask any player I have coached, ‘Have you had a strained relationship?’ You bet. Best man in my wedding was my roommate in college. You don’t think we have had strains in our relationship at times? My wife of 26 years, that I wouldn’t be who I am today without her, that we haven’t had times in our life where we’ve had strains in our relationships? And all of a sudden it becomes news? That all of a sudden that there is a strain? You know what the strain is? The frustration of being 4-9. That’s a frustration — when you put everything into it.”
- The New York Giants announced Friday that S Landon Collins (ankle) is doubtful to play in Week 15’s game and S Nat Berhe (hamstring) has been officially ruled out.
- The Giants also have CB Brandon Dixon (Heel/Hamstring), WR Roger Lewis (Ankle) and WR Travis Rudolph (Hamstring) down as being questionable.
- The Washington Redskins officially ruled out LB Zach Brown and S Montae Nicholson (concussion) for Sunday’s game against hte Cardinals.
- Washington also lists LT Trent Williams, RT Morgan Moses, LB Ryan Anderson, WR Ryan Grant, WR Maurice Harris, DL Terrell McClain and C Chase Roullier as questionable for Week 15.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer announced that TE Kyle Rudolph is out for Week 15’s game, but there’s a chance that LT Riley Reiff could play. (Chris Tomasson)
- The Vikings officially list Rudolph (ankle) and OT Reiff (ankle) as doubtful for Sunday’s game.
- Minnesota officially ruled out CB Mackensie Alexander (ribs) and have LB Emmanuel Lamur (foot) down as being questionable.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Minnesota Vikings brought in free agent tight ends Sam Cotton and Stevie Donatell for workouts on Wednesday.