- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said that WR DeSean Jackson is going to see a hand specialist in New York on Tuesday. (Rick Stroud)
- Buccaneers waived S Godwin Igwebuike. (NFLTR)
Packers HC Mike McCarthy was asked about his own performance following the team’s loss to the Vikings and he acknowledged that he needs to do a better job as a coach.
Panthers HC Ron Rivera said the team will “stay the course’’ as far as personnel, but there could be changes in terms of what players are asked to do to avoid the “critical mistakes’’ that keep leading to losses.
“We can’t allow those critical mistakes as coaches,’’ Rivera said, per David Newton. “We can’t have them as players. Maybe we need to relook and rethink some of the things we have them do. Maybe it’s on us.’’
- Ben Goessling notes that if Vikings WR Stefon Diggs eclipses 100 catches or 1,375 yards this season, he can add $666,666 to his 2021 base salary, $750K to his 2022 base salary and $800K to his 2023 base salary by triggering an escalator clause in his contract.
- According to Goessling, Vikings WR Adam Thielen triggered another $1 million escalator in his contract last night by eclipsing 90 catches. He’ll now make $5.85 million in 2019, and can boost his 2020 salary to $7.35 million if he catches 90 passes again in 2019.
- Vikings DE Danielle Hunter can make an extra $500,000 in 2019 if he gets to 13 sacks, and an extra $1 million with 15 sacks, per Goessling.