- Per Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic, Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake was spotted in a walking boot at practice. However, HC Kliff Kingsbury said it was just precautionary and shouldn’t keep him out Week 1.
- Drake chimed in on Twitter to say he did the same thing last year and the boot is no cause for concern.
- Cardinals TE Maxx Williams also sat out with some soreness but Kingsbury isn’t worried about his status either: “There are quite a few vets on this team that we know what they’re about, and we want them to be healthy when we play the 49ers. He’s one of those on that plan.” (Kyle Odegard)
“He’s way further along this year. His feet look incredible. … He’s so sound, and he’s so hard on himself and tough on himself,” Sherman said per the Athletic’s Matt Barrows, .
“We know Dante’s got some play-making ability. That’s why he has more kickoff returns and punt returns than anyone in the history of college football,” Shanahan said. “So we know he’s got some play-making ability. If he catches it out here consistent, he’ll get those opportunities in the game and then we’ll see how good his average is and how many big plays he makes.”
- 49ers first-round WR Brandon Aiyuk appeared to pull his hamstring at practice Sunday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Rams RB Darrell Henderson injured his hamstring recently but HC Sean McVay hopes he’ll be able to recover in time for Week 1 in three weeks: “We’ll be hopeful that he’ll end up being able to get back and it won’t affect his availability for the Dallas game.” (Gary Klein)
- McVay is also optimistic Rams S Taylor Rapp (knee) will be able to return in a week or so and will be ready for Week 1. (Lindsey Thiry)
- Rams QB Jared Goff appeared to indicate the Rams will use some sort of committee approach at running back with Henderson, veteran Malcolm Brown and second-round rookie Cam Akers: “It’s not much different. I like that we’re able to use these guys in different ways. In the past it obviously was mostly, Todd but what we got now is kind of a three-headed monster back there that we’re planning on using and they’ve all done a great job.” (Thiry)
- Rams worked out LB Daniel Bituli and LB Derrick Moncrief. (Mike Jones)