The Cardinals gave veteran RB Adrian Peterson a career-high 37 carries on Sunday.
Regarding the heavy workload, Peterson told reporters that “it felt good” to get that much work.
“It felt good to get in there, get in the groove and keep pounding the rock,” Peterson said, via Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic. “I kind of felt like I was getting up there in the 30s, but I felt good, felt fresh, and the guys were doing a great job up front. It was like, ‘Whatever it takes to get this ‘W.’ ”
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians admitted that they will need to scale back Peterson’s carries on a short week.
“He’s in unbelievable shape,” Arians said. “We’ll see how he feels Monday or Tuesday. I wish we had a full week. Obviously, we won’t be able to feed him that many times on Thursday night.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant’s ankle injury is “not serious.”
- Joel Corry points out that DE David Irving’s fast start since returning from suspension will likely lead to the Cowboys placing a first-round restricted tender on him next year, which will likely be worth between $4.106M – $4.301M.
Giants HC Ben McAdoo didn’t rule out the quarterback position as an area where they could get other players more work at some point.
“You really can’t look from my chair too far ahead, but you also have to look at getting some players some reps in the game,” McAdoo said, “so we’ll take a look and see if there are any players that we can give reps to that have a chance to be a part of our future.”
“That includes everybody,” McAdoo said.
When asked about McAdoo’s comments, Eli Manning made it clear he plans to be under center until told otherwise.
“They gotta do what they gotta do. I want to be out there,” Manning said. “I want to keep playing with my teammates and keep working.”
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that won’t be surprising to see the Vikings place QB Sam Bradford on injured reserve once they activate Teddy Bridgewater from the PUP list in the coming days.
- This means that the Vikings could finish out the season with Case Keenum, Bridgewater and Kyle Sloter as their quarterbacks.
- It’s worth mentioning that Bradford is in line to be an unrestricted free agent next year.