“Maxx has looked great. He has rehabbed extensively,” Kingsbury said, via Cardinals Wire. “He’s running back to how he was when we first got here. That’s been a real positive.”
New Rams’ QB Matthew Stafford has shown up in Los Angeles intent on being himself and he plans to do his best to lead the team deeper into the playoffs than they have been able to go with their current roster.
“I just showed up here, tried to be myself every single day, know I was going to make mistakes, try to get better along the way,” Stafford said, via Gary Klein of The Los Angeles Times. “And then I’ll try to do that for as long as I’m in this uniform. Trying to get in sync as much as we possibly can be heading into training camp. Trying to really just dive in and make sure that when we come back, I’m ready to lead this thing and go.”
“We’ve got a lot of talented guys in that group,” Stafford said. “Some veteran guys that know what they’re doing and some young guys that are learning quickly as well. Woods is a proven player. He does a great job of slash running after he catches the football. He’s really smooth in and out of his breaks.”
Stafford is ready for the challenges that come with joining a new team, especially one that has proven they can make the playoffs.
“I know I have a big challenge in front of me, to make sure that I’m leading this team as best as I possibly can,” Stafford said. “All they want from me is to play at a high level and do things the right way, so that’s what I’m going to try and do.”
- According to PFT’s Curtis Crabtree, Seahawks DE Carlos Dunlap was sick and excused from practice Wednesday.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll keyed on TE Gerald Everett as a player with the potential to have a breakout season in 2021. (Michael-Shawn Dugar)
- After not playing in 2020, DL Robert Nkemdiche is excited to be playing in the NFL again: “It’s been great for me just to be out here again and have the opportunity to play football … I feel like a newborn, man. … (a) rookie all over again.” (Crabtree)
- Nkemdiche also said he knows this might be his last chance in the league: “Yes, the only chance I’ll need though.” (Crabtree)
- Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett mentioned OC Shane Waldron has been impressive so far: “I think he’s very brilliant. I think the things that he brings to our team is gonna really help us out a lot. … I’ve been really excited about it.” (Crabtree)
- Lockett also believes this offense will allow them more freedom: “Not saying that we could just go out there and do whatever we want, but the more and more sophisticated that you become in this offense … you kind of have free range to play with it a little bit.” (Crabtree)
- Lockett added last year he thinks the offense will take what the defense gives them this year, and last year they tried to force deep passes when they were defended well. (Bob Condotta)