- Commanders HC Ron Rivera said DE Chase Young wasn’t feeling well last night and has been dealing with flu symptoms recently. (Ben Standig)
- Adam Schefter spoke to an anonymous team executive about free agent WR Odell Beckham Jr., who said: “It sounds like it will be Dallas. If you’re in Vegas, your 2-1 favorite is the Cowboys and everyone else is 5- or 6-1.”
- According to Andy Slater of Fox Sports 640, Beckham was kicked off of a flight from Miami to Los Angeles after allegedly being in and out of consciousness and refusing to put on his seat belt.
- Beckham refused to leave the plane which caused the plane to be emptied and the flight delayed.
- According to Ellis Williams of the Charlotte Observer, Panthers owner Dave Tepper was a big fan of Kentucky QB Will Levis entering the 2022 season. Per a source: “(Tepper) just sees football differently. He isn’t going to pay for (a) Deshaun (Watson). He will try to win with a QB on a rookie contract. He wants Will Levis.”
- However, a source familiar with the team’s thinking noted the evaluation process for them will be a lot more complicated than just going off what the owner thought in July: “(Locking in) on one player is not a reflection of the team’s process. Decisions are not made on whims. There is a lot of analysis involved and one person does not drive that decision.”
- Former Panthers HC Matt Rhule‘s eight-year, $72 million contract with Nebraska offsets most of the $34 million he was still owed by the Panthers. (Ian Rapoport)
- Joseph Person reports that Panthers’ assistant DL coach Terrance Knighton and assistant strength coach Corey Campbell are leaving the team to join Rhule at the University of Nebraska.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!