Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said he would be excited to get DE Randy Gregory back from suspension if he is able to gain reinstatement.
“That would just be amazing if he can get this done…Boy, what a wonderful situation that would be to get him back,” Jones said, per Jon Machota.
- Albert Breer reports that the Cowboys were set on taking Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch ahead of WR D.J. Moore in round one. In fact, Breer says that Vander Esch was “apple of defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli’s eye.”
- In round two, Breer says that the Cowboys would still have drafted Texas OL Connor Williams, even if the Eagles didn’t trade up South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert.
- Breer adds that Stanford S Justin Reid would have been in the conversation for them in round two if Williams was gone, but Goedert wasn’t a target.
- According to Albert Breer, other NFL teams were under the impression that the Giants liked RB Saquon Barkley so much that they would trade down past No. 4 overall.
- On top of that, Breer says New York wanted assurance that the team moving up was going to take a quarterback at No. 2 overall.
- This means that in order to get to No. 2 overall, a team would have had to trade up to No. 4 overall with the Browns before agreeing to a deal with New York.