- Cowboys DC Mike Nolan thinks the players in coaches and Dallas are getting along just fine: “I think we get an awful lot accomplished in meetings. We have good, energetic practices. I don’t feel any pushback on things we’re doing.” (Jon Machota)
- Nolan also added that their defensive scheme has been simplified and that players are having an easier time as they: “Try to find ways to simulate the growth.” (Calvin Watkins)
- Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports says it still makes sense for Dallas to pursue free agent S Earl Thomas, as it would provide them with an immediate upgrade to their secondary.
Giants HC Joe Judge said that he’s had “a lot of discussions” with GM Dave Gettleman and the personnel department.
“We’ve had great synergy in the building since I have been here with everybody involved,” Judge said. “We’ve been very open with a lot of discussions and talking through the personnel. I expect that to continue. We’re not racing for some kind of a draft pick. That’s not our priority right now. We’re trying to win.”
- When taking a look at the Giants’ roster, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe mentions WR Golden Tate, CB Logan Ryan, and DE Leonard Williams as three trade candidates to keep an eye on.
- Regarding a video circulating online which shows Giants QB Daniel Jones and RB Saquon Barkley at a bar without masks on, Ralph Vacchiano reports that Jones, teammates, and friends had dinner at a private room in a New York City restaurant, and then were invited to have a drink at a bar “closed to the public.”
- The Giants said they are aware of the video: “We are aware of the video that was posted. We are looking into the nature and context of what is on the video,” per Vacchiano.
Washington seems to be a team involved in plenty of trade rumors, but it remains to be seen if the team is planning to move players like QB Dwayne Haskins, G Brandon Scherff, LB Ryan Kerrigan, or LB Ryan Anderson. Washington HC Ron Rivera spoke about what his role is with the team during the deadline.
“The biggest thing is in talking and collaborating with the coaches and personnel department, more so than anything else,” Rivera said, via Ben Standig of The Athletic. “And really listening and talking about ideas that we have if there is something that is interesting to us.”
While Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Cleveland have all come up in trade rumors involving Haskins, one NFL executive recently told Standig: “Nobody is trading for Haskins, at least not for any value.”
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe could see Washington OLB Ryan Kerrigan generating trade interest from a team in need of a pass rusher before the upcoming deadline.
- Washington is hosting free-agent WR Trevor Davis for a visit this week. (Aaron Wilson)