- According to Dan Graziano, Cowboys G Zack Martin should be able to keep pace with the recent contracts signed by guards.
- Graziano points out that Martin actually shares an agent with Kevin Zeitler, who just got $12 million-per-year from the Browns, so that figures to be an obvious target for Martin in contract talks with the Cowboys.
- Dallas picked up Martin’s fifth-year option that will run them $9.341 million for 2018 season, so there’s still some time to get a deal done.
- Dan Graziano mentions that it could make sense for the Packers to try to get a long-term extension in place with S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix now, as it could prevent him from targeting the $13 million per year the Chiefs are paying Eric Berry.
- Graziano believes Clinton-Dix could end up in the $11 million to $12 million-per-year range with another big season. The Packers picked up Clinton-Dix’s fifth-year option, which means he’ll make a base salary of $1.557 million in 2017 and then $5.957 million as part of the option.
- Dan Graziano points out that it appears as though Rams DT Aaron Donald may want to get a long-term extension in place this summer, which could help the team’s leverage in negotiations.
- As of now, Donald stands to make just $1.8 million for the 2017 season and has a $6.892 million option in 2018. The Rams could franchise him in 2019 if needed, so it wouldn’t be easy for Donald to move on anytime soon.
- Graziano believes Donald would have a chance to top Ndamukong Suh‘s record contract for a defensive player that included nearly $60 million in full guarantees and should at least be looking to top the $16.1 million the Panthers agreed to pay DT Kawann Short this offseason.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!