- Tom Pelissero reports that the Eagles re-signed veteran RB Darren Sproles to a one-year, $1.415 million contract that can max out at $1.433 million by reaching incentives.
- According to Pelissero, Sproles receives a $400,000 signing bonus and $1 million in total guarantees.
- Dan Duggan reports that the Giants signed QB Alex Tanney and DT A.J. Francis to minimum one-year contracts this week.
- According to Duggan, Tanney received a one-year, $555K contract with no guaranteed money and Francis gets a one-year, $705K contract with no guarantees.
“Nope, not actively looking for that,” Schneider said, via ESPN.com. “Nope.”
When asked if they looked to trade Thomas this offseason, Schneider explained that it’s their job to listen to potential opportunities.
“The way to answer that is that we’re not doing our job if we don’t listen to everybody,” Schneider said. “If you guys could sit next to me throughout the draft, you’d be blown away with what you hear. You have to be ready to make decisions all the way through whether it’s the first round, third round or fifth round with players that are on their restricted tenders that want to be moved, so there’s names being thrown around all the time.”
As for a long-term extension, Schneider admitted that it’s hard to say right now.
“That’s hard to tell. I mean, he’s under contract for next year,” Schneider said. “From a timing standpoint, that’s not something I’m going to get into. But obviously, everybody loves Earl. We all know he’s a Hall of Fame-caliber player. Like I said, he’s the second player we ever picked here. He’s just been a huge inspiration all the way through. The guys a tempo-setter at practice and overcame his injury, and he’s been doing great ever since.”
- Schneider also mentioned that they “would love” to extend LT Duane Brown before the season.