Lions K Matt Prater said he’s not sure of why he’s struggled with his consistency this season after missing seven field goals heading into Week 17.
“I just haven’t been as consistent this season as I would l like to… An inconsistent kicking season is icing on the cake,” said Prater, via Michael Rothstein.
- Prater, who is an impending free-agent, indicated that he intends on playing in 2021 and is hopeful to re-sign with the Lions. (Kyle Meinke)
- Lions C Frank Ragnow said he doesn’t need surgery on his throat issue, which was more of a problem with his vocal cords, and that his breathing was never challenged. (Justin Rogers)
- Ragnow added that he was unable to talk for two weeks: “It sucked. It definitely sucked. You definitely get a whole new perspective on taking everything in.” (Dave Birkett)
- OUT for Week 17: T Tyrell Crosby (ankle), G Joe Dahl (back), WR Kenny Golladay (hip)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: LB Jamie Collins (neck), C Frank Ragnow (throat), QB Matthew Stafford (right thumb, rib, ankle)
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said he’s still going through a “grieving process” with LT David Bakhtiari‘s season-ending knee injury and didn’t receive any positive news from the lineman when speaking recently.
“I think it’s still kind of in the grieving process for me,” said Rodgers, via Ryan Wood. “Was hoping for some good news. Didn’t get it. You’ve got to move on, but right now it’s still a little raw.”
- As for the Packers’ offensive line rotation for Week 17, LaFleur indicated that Sunday’s line may not be the one he uses in the NFC playoffs, and “match-ups will play a role” going forward. (Tom Silverstein)
- Matt Schneidman thinks that the Packers’ best option is to put G Elgton Jenkins at left tackle following the severe injury suffered by LT David Bakhtiari.
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur pointed out that Bakhtiari’s injury was a non-contact situation but thinks the lineman’s work ethic will help him recover quickly. (Tom Silverstein)
- In this scenario, OL Lucas Patrick would play left guard and OL Billy Turner would play right guard.
- Tom Silverstein believes that G Simon Stepaniak could be an option despite the fact he missed most of the year with an ACL injury.
- Silverstein also points out that T Jon Runyan Jr. was more than capable of holding his own during the times he was inserted into the lineup.
- OUT for Week 17: T David Bakhtiari (knee), DE Kingsley Keke (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: G Simon Stepaniak (knee)
Vikings OT Brian O’Neill said he would “absolutely” love to re-sign with Minnesota this offseason.
“I love Minnesota, I love the Vikings, I love everybody here. I believe in our team, I believe in our locker room and I believe in our coaches and yes, absolutely,” said O’Neill, via Chris Tomasson.
- Vikings’ veteran K Dan Bailey (back) said his availability for Week 17 will be a “collective decision” and that a decision should come on Saturday. (Chris Tomasson)
- Regarding his three misses against the Buccaneers, Bailey called it a “rough day” and feels he “never had a day like that” in his career. (Tomasson)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer wouldn’t indicate whether LT Riley Reiff (COVID-19) could play in Week 17: “I don’t know.” (Tomasson)
- Zimmer is confident that Vikings’ backup K Taylor Bertolet will do fine if asked to replace K Dan Bailey (back) for Week 17: “He’s made them all. Should be fine.” (Tomasson)
- Vikings RT Brian O’Neill said he would be open to playing left tackle in Week 17 if asked to fill in for Reiff. “If they believe in me to do that, I will attack that responsibility.” (Tomasson)
- Vikings’ impending free-agent LB Eric Wilson feels it would “be great” to enter the open market this offseason if there is an “opportunity that makes sense” for him in 2021. (Tomasson)
- OUT for Week 17: RB Dalvin Cook (not injury related), CB Cameron Dantzler (hamstring), DE Jalyn Holmes (groin), CB Chris Jones (groin), LB Eric Kendricks (calf), DE Ifeadi Odenigbo (chest)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: K Dan Bailey (back)