- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said LB Kendell Beckwith (ankle, PUP) has looked better each week and it’s possible he could play this week but it’s still too soon to know for certain. (Rick Stroud)
- Regarding newly signed K Cairo Santos, Koetter said: “He’s our kicker. That’s what I know. That’s all I know.’’ (Rick Stroud)
- Buccaneers signed RB Ralph Webb to their practice squad.
The Falcons activated LB Deion Jones from injured reserve earlier in the week, but HC Dan Quinn says they plan to be cautious with him.
“We are going to make sure that we take great care of him,” Quinn said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “When he’s able to fully be Deion Jones all the way through, we’ll let him get back to it.”
- Field Yates reports that Panthers DT Dontari Poe earned a $125,000 bonus by weighing in at 330 pounds or less on Wednesday. In total, Poe has $500,000 available in weight incentives this season.
- Panthers LT Matt Kalil said Wednesday that he still expects to play this year “100 percent” but he did not offer a timeline for his return. (Joe Person)
- Panthers claimed RB Kenjon Barner off of waivers from the Patriots. (NFLTR)
- Panthers waived CB Josh Hawkins.