- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said Friday that first-round LB Devin White has a grade one MCL sprain and could miss a game or two but he still wouldn’t rule him out for Week 3. (Rick Stroud)
- Arians said he believes TE O.J. Howard can play “a heck of a lot better than he’s playing” after going catchless in Week 2: “You’d probably have to ask him. He has so much talent. He can play a heck of a lot better than he’s playing.”
- According to Arians, CB Jamel Dean had a walking boot on his left leg but X-rays were negative. (Jenna Laine)
The Falcons were dealt a blow to their revamped offensive line in the season opener when first-round G Chris Lindstrom broke his foot. Still, Lindstrom impressed his teammates by gutting out nine more snaps on his foot after he broke it during Sunday’s game. Lindstrom was placed on injured reserve by Atlanta and could potentially return in the second half of the season.
“He’s tough, and I don’t know what else you can say about the man,” fellow first-round rookie OL Kaleb McGary said via ESPN’s Vaughn McClure. “That’s a hell of thing to play nine snaps on a busted foot. I wouldn’t want to. And I don’t imagine Chris really wanted to. But Chris is just so tough. He’s a hell of player. We’re lucky to have him, that’s for damn sure.”
- 2019: $1.5 million base salary fully guaranteed
- 2020: $11.2 million base salary and $11 million option bonus both fully guaranteed.
- 2021: $15.3 million base salary fully guaranteed.
- 2022: $11.513 million base salary
- 2023: $11.513 million base salary, option year.
Panthers QB Cam Newton told reporters after Thursday’s loss to the Buccaneers that “all fingers are just pointing back to me specifically on offense.”
“Through my lens, it’s hard to look defensive guys in the eyes after a game like this,” Newton said, via ESPN.com. “All fingers are just pointing back to me specifically on offense.”
“I have to be better,” Newton added. “No matter what physical condition I’m in. No matter what, foot, shoulder … I didn’t get the job done, and it’s frustrating. I wish I could say something other than that, but that’s the fact. I’m a brutally honest person with people, and I’m a brutally honest person with myself. And it’s time for me to look myself in the mirror and do some real soul-searching, because I had opportunities tonight and I didn’t get it done.”