- According to Kevin Duffy, the Buccaneers were also in the mix for WR Phillip Dorsett before he elected to re-sign with the Patriots.
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston‘s fifth-year option salary of $20.9 million became fully guaranteed on Wednesday. (Greg Auman)
- New Falcons RB Kenjon Barner said Thursday that he was told he could be in position to be the third back behind Devonta Freeman and Ito Smith and the primary return man. (Vaughn McClure)
- Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence said he talked with the Falcons at the Combine. (Vaughn McClure)
- The Falcons also have a visit set up with Houston DT Ed Oliver. (McClure)
After looking around on the market for a similar deal former Dolphins T Ja’Wuan James received (four years, $51 million), T Daryl Williams said the familiarity the Panthers offered ultimately swayed him into coming back.
“It feels good. It feels good to be back home in my second home,” Williams said via Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer. “Checking the market, stuff like that, me and my wife just thought it was best to be back somewhere we were familiar with.”
Williams signed a one-year, $6 million “prove it” deal as he recovers from a torn MCL and dislocated kneecap suffered in the 2018 preseason.