49ers HC Kyle Shanahan says they’re willing to consider trading for an offensive tackle with both Joe Staley and Mike McGlinchey out with injuries. However, Shanahan explained that the trade market doesn’t have any options available at the price they’re willing to pay.
“Things got to be available,” Shanahan said, via NBC Bay Area. “You got to be able to make smart decisions. If there were a smart decision out there, we’d definitely look into it. It doesn’t seem like many are available right now.”
- The San Francisco 49ers officially ruled out RB Kyle Juszczyk (knee), T Mike McGlinchey (knee), T Joe Staley (fibula), and CB Ahkello Witherspoon (foot) for Week 6’s game and list TE George Kittle (groin) as questionable.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said Friday that he has been “encouraged” by RB David Johnson‘s rehab with his back injury this week.
“I’m encouraged by his rehab this week,” Keim said, via AZCardinals.com. “I think he feels pretty good. I’m not 100 percent sure, but I certainly am encouraged.”
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said that RB David Johnson, WR Christian Kirk and OLB Terrell Suggs will all be game-time decisions on Sunday. (Darren Urban)
- Mike Garafolo reports Johnson (back) is likely to play in Week 6.
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out LB Dennis Gardeck (ankle), LB Ezekiel Turner (hamstring), and S Charles Washington (shoulder) for Week 6’s game and list DE Zach Allen (neck), WR Damiere Byrd (hamstring), RB David Johnson (back), WR Christian Kirk (ankle), P Andy Lee (right hip), LB Haason Reddick (shoulder), LB Terrell Suggs (back), and CB Trevor Williams (hip) as questionable.
- Cardinals re-signed CB Chris Jones to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals released CB Andre Chachere from their practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Rams officially ruled out LB Clay Matthews (jaw) and CB Aqib Talib (ribs) for Week 6’s game and list RB Todd Gurley (quadricep) as doubtful.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said in a radio interview with KIRO 97.3 FM that G D.J. Fluker is “going to have a hard time” playing Sunday due to the hamstring injury that’s kept him from practicing this week. (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll implied that DE Branden Jackson could be a scratch in favor of rookie DE L.J. Collier: “He looks like he’s available to us if we can get him out there.“
- The Seattle Seahawks officially list T Duane Brown (biceps) and G D.J. Fluker (hamstring) as doubtful have RB Rashaad Penny (hamstring) down as questionable.