49ers DC Robert Saleh was asked about what they’ll miss following the loss of LB Kwon Alexander, who is out for the season.
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he wasn’t surprised that Bruce Arians came out of retirement to join the Buccaneers: “[Coaching] is in his blood. It’s what he does. A lot of times we are creatures of habit. He’s a football coach and he’s a damn good football coach.” (AzCardinals.com)
- Keim said of Arians informing him that he was stepping down: “I could see in his face when we talked that he was just tired and it was time.”
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out DE Zach Allen (neck), CB Tramaine Brock (hamstring), RB Chase Edmonds (hamstring), and LB Brooks Reed (hamstring) for Week 10’s game and list T Justin Murray (knee), LB Terrell Suggs (hamstring), and S Deionte Thompson (knee) as questionable.
Rams WR Brandin Cooks recently visited with a specialist in Pittsburgh after suffering another concussion.
Despite the obvious concerns, Cooks says he’s looking forward to returning to the playing field this season.
“Whether some like it or not I’m far from that end destination when it comes to this game,” Cooks wrote on Instagram. “I’m thankful that this soon will be something in the past. Time and time again my God is faithful and blessed nothing serious. Can’t wait to get back on the field this year. Like my good ole pal Spongebob Squarepants says ‘I’m ready I’m ready I’m ready . . . ‘”
- Cooks was at practice on Friday and HC Sean McVay explained that he was instructed to keep his normal routine and remain active, but they’re looking for him to “avoid some of those collision-type things.” (Lindsay Thiry)
- The Los Angeles Rams officially ruled out WR Brandin Cooks (concussion) and LB Bryce Hager (shoulder) for Week 10 and list WR JoJo Natson (illness) as questionable.
Seahawks K Jason Myers explained that he believes he got “too technical” in his approach last week against the Buccaneers.
“I’m not a mechanical step-by-step kicker. I know my swing. I know the ins and outs of it but when it gets down to it I like to just swing,” Myers said, per Curtis Crabtree. “I think I got a little too technical trying to fix it and it just didn’t go my way.
“On game day it’s tough. You want to just be able to swing and my body isn’t doing what I want it to do that’s when it gets a little technical and I don’t like that feeling.”
- Seahawks TE Luke Willson said he was told one of his ribs may be fractured, but he doesn’t know for sure after turning down an MRI. Willson added that his rib feeling better. (Bob Condotta)