- According to Maiocco, the 49ers’ players currently on the bubble include RB Jeff Wilson, WR Richie James, WR Jordan Matthews, TE Ross Dwelley, OL Ben Garland, OL Erik Magnuson, OL Joshua Garnett, OL Justin Skule, DL Jullian Taylor, DL Sheldon Day, LB Pita Taumoepenu, CB Greg Mabin, CB Emmanuel Moseley, CB Tim Harris and S Antone Exum.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said No. 1 overall pick QB Kyler Murray is the team’s outright starter for 2019.
“We didn’t draft him No. 1 overall to ride the pine,” said Keim, via Rich Eisen. “I know that’s a lot to put on his back, but that’s why we drafted him. He’s a fierce competitor and that’s what he did at Oklahoma this year. He put the team on his back. They didn’t have a great defense and he knew he had to score almost every series to give them a chance to win.”
“We’ll see,” Kingsbury told Rome. “We’re still working through all those things. We have Brett Hundley here — who we’re very excited about — but we’ll see where that kind of goes.”
- While the Cardinals cannot include a clause that permits him from playing baseball, Albert Breer mentions that Arizona can add playing baseball in the default language tied to his guarantee.
- This means that if Murray decides to go to spring training with the A’s, the Cardinals can void whatever guarantees are left in his contract and in turn make it easier to cut him.
- According to Brady Henderson, the Seahawks will give WR Doug Baldwin “time to see” how he is mentally and physically after his latest surgery and allow Baldwin to decide his future in the NFL.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said recently that Baldwin is “working through” his latest surgery and will let Baldwin choose how to proceed: “He’s working through it and we’re going to follow Doug on this one.”
- Bob Condotta reports that former Washington and Utah QB Troy Williams will attend the Seahawks’ rookie minicamp this weekend.
- Condotta adds that Oregon RB Tony Brooks-James is also expected to attend the Seahawks’ rookie minicamp.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said they underutilized WR Jaron Brown last year and they need to use him more in 2019.
- Brady Henderson says that Brown would seem to be a potential odd-man-out as a veteran making some money, but Carroll talked about him like he’s still very much in their plans.