49ers first-round DE Nick Bosa expects to be fine for the start of training camp, despite the hamstring injury he’s been dealing with.
“I think I’m going to be just fine,” Bosa said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “I’m going to get this hammy perfectly right and I think there will be plenty of time to play football and get the reps that I need.”
“Injuries kind of come out of nowhere but I think I kind of prepared pretty well. It’s just, you can’t really simulate what football does to your body. And for me to jump in with almost a year of not playing, the body is kind of, “whoa, slow down.’”
“Probably just a couple of weeks of practice just getting those reps over and over again. Obviously you can keep improving from there. And I’m missing a little of that now but I think camp will be plenty of time, and preseason.”
Rams RB Todd Gurley said his knee injury is a “small” concern compared to his ACL injury while in college.
“I had bigger problems to worry about coming out of college. This is small,” Gurley said, via ProFootballTalk.
- The Rams expect RB Todd Gurley to participate in on-field drills at training camp, per the Los Angeles Times.
“It’s great seeing D.K. [Metcalf] make his plays. I think D.K. is looking really, really special,” Wilson said, via Seahawks.com. “He can do anything and everything and he’s tremendous.”
“His knowledge of the game first,” Wilson added. “Everybody knows about the ability to run and jump and catch and all that. But I think more than anything else, it’s his brain, how he processes information, how quickly he understands it. He’s really intelligent, he understands the game really well. He takes coaching well, he gets extra work. He’s a legit pro wide receiver. He’s everything everyone was talking about in terms of what he’s capable of and more.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll singled out G Mike Iupati and WR David Moore and guys that have “made a big jump” this offseason. (John Boyle)
- Carroll mentioned that TE Will Dissly should be ready for camp, but they’ll be cautious with him. The good news is that Carroll says there’s no doubt about the regular season for Dissly. (John Boyle)
- Carroll added that DE Ezekiel Ansah and OL Demetrius Knox won’t be ready for the start of camp. (Curtis Crabtree)
- According to Carroll, they are looking to use Barkevious Mingo more as a pass rusher this year and had him working on the defensive line a lot during offseason workouts. (Curtis Crabtree)