- Per ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss, Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury told reporters he hasn’t decided if CB Patrick Peterson will play during the preseason.
- Peterson is suspended the first six games of the regular season and Arizona needs to get the players behind him ready to start.
- Kingsbury said it was a “million-dollar question” how much first-round QB Kyler Murray will play during the preseason: “You don’t want to give away what you’re doing.” (Craig Grialou)
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero says there’s “nothing imminent” between the Seahawks and LB Bobby Wagner, who will still report to the start of camp.
- Wagner, who’s representing himself in contract talks, has told people close to him he won’t accept less than top of the market money for his position and is willing to play out the final year of his deal in 2019.
- Pelissero says he wouldn’t be surprised if the Seahawks gave Wagner a deal exceeding the $17 million per year the Jets gave LB C.J. Mosley, however, the amount of guaranteed money could be a sticking point.
- Seahawks DE Ezekiel Ansah will start training camp on the active roster and have limited work as he continues to rehab his shoulder. (Pelissero)