Cardinals GM Steve Keim says there are things that excite him on both sides of the ball when asked about first-year HC Steve Wilks‘ job status.
“This is a results-based business,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com. “At the end of the day, not only do we internally have expectations, but the fans, I know, have expectations, and rightfully so. This year has certainly not gone the direction we anticipated. But (Wilks’ status) is something I’m not even focused on right now. Right now, it’s all about winning football games and showing progress. The type of progress that gets us excited and propels us into 2019, which again, I am starting to see a lot of things that excite me, not only on the offensive side of the ball, but defensively as well.”
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out S Budda Baker (knee) and WR Chad Williams (ankle) for Sunday’s game against the Raiders and list K Phil Dawson (right hip), S Rudy Ford (heel), DT Rodney Gunter (not injury related), T D.J. Humphries (knee), G Mike Iupati (back), and DT Robert Nkemdiche (calf) as questionable.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters on Friday that LB Mychal Kendricks can return to the team on Friday and play in their Dec. 10 game against the Vikings. (Bob Condotta)
- Ian Rapoport confirms that Kendricks is officially permitted to participate in meetings, workouts and practices, but can’t play in games or travel with the team.
Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin said “it’s been hell” fighting through a number of injuries.
“It’s been hell,” Baldwin said, via ESPN.com. “It’s been hell. … I’ve never had this many injuries before. So it’s been a journey, that’s for sure. But it’s been a journey that I’ve come to appreciate because it’s taught me a lot about myself not only as a football player but as a man, and how I handle these challenges.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll admitted that they may have rushed LB K.J. Wright back before he was ready. They now plan to give him the necessary time to get right. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, Austin Calitro will play in Wright’s spot going forward.