- Jason La Canfora continues to hear that Odell Beckham Jr would be a “very attractive” trade option for the 49ers and he is “very much on their radar.”
- Matt Maiocco of NBC Bay Area reports that the 49ers are interested in re-signing DB Jimmie Ward to a one-year contract. However, San Francisco is aware that another team could offer him a multi-year deal with larger guarantees.
“I really think he’s going No. 1,” one league source tells Vacchiano. “He fits exactly what Kingsbury wants to do out there.”
“It’s a perfect match,” a separate source tells Vacchiano. “And maybe they can deal Rosen for a high pick too.”
- Murray said of Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury: “He’s always been very fond of me.” (Eric Branch)
- Northern Arizona WR Emmanuel Butler said he met with the Cardinals at the Combine. (Kyle Odegard)
Rams HC Sean McVay says he hasn’t heard about the Gurley and a possible stem cell treatment, but did admit that there are some “new methods” worth considering if need be.
“As far as the stem cells, that’s not something that’s been communicated to me, but there is a program,” McVay said. “We’ve got these doctors and there’s always new methods of staying as up-to-date as you can, and number one, the player has to feel good about it. Todd does such a good job of doing his own research and knowing what are the things [he] can do. . . .
“I think every year provides a new opportunity based on the research and some of the medical advances to attack it in the right way. As long as Todd is feeling good about that, that’s what we’ll do.”
- The Rams have shown “keen” interest in Wisconsin G Beau Benzschawel and interviewed him at the Combine. (Gery Woelfel)
Seahawks GM John Schneider said he hopes veteran S Kam Chancellor (neck) will continue mentoring players and being a leader in the locker room next season, despite possibly being cut this offseason.
“I hope so,” Schneider said. “You know, he was around a lot this year, kind of mentoring some of the younger guys, especially the DBs. We had asked him to come be around. And Cliff (Avril) was around a lot, too. But Kam has been such a strong leader and such a strong presence for us. I mean, it was great having him around.”
Schneider added that the Seahawks must address Chancellor “from a cap standpoint“, which means that he will likely be released. However, Chancellor “know’s what’s going on.”
“There is some administrative stuff from a cap standpoint that we have to get through with him,” said Schneider. “But he knows. It’s not a shock. He knows what’s going on. This is really a formality, for our salary-cap situation.”