- Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress announced that Sidney Rice has been cleared to play. Childress commented on his playing time by saying, “I don’t think it’s realistic to think he’ll come right in with 60-70 snaps, the minute he feels like he can play, he can play.”
- The New England Patriots have lost Stephen Gostkowski for the remainder of the season after they announced that he torn quad muscle that might require surgery. This report comes from Adam Schefter of ESPN. Shayne Graham has been signed to replace Gostkowski.
- Al Harris has found a new home in Miami. The Dolphins announced that they have signed Harris and released former first-round pick Jason Allen.
- The Carolina Panthers have placed LT Jeff Otah on injured reserve ending his season. It would be hard imagine things getting any worse in Carolina.
- The Detroit Lions have signed kicker Dave Rayner to fill in for Jason Hansen who is expected to miss 2 -3 weeks with a sprained MCL, per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!