Barrows mentions that San Francisco is likely to make a “significant change” and return to the read-option in order to take better advantage of Kaepernick’s legs.
Interestingly enough, Barrows writes that “there was a sense inside the front office that San Francisco’s offense was too clunky in recent years, that it had too many moving parts that bogged it down.”
- Bears DE Lamarr Houston‘s 2015 base salary of $5.9 million became fully guaranteed on Tuesday. (Joel Corry)
- ESPN’s Todd Archer writes that a contract extension for Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch could have an impact on the Cowboys’ negotiations with impending free agent RB DeMarco Murray this offseason.
- During Dan Quinn’s introductory press conference Tuesday, Falcons owner Arthur Blank confirmed that GM Thomas Dimitroff still has final say over free agency and the draft
- Scott Pioli will continue to report to Dimitroff moving forward.
- Quin will have final say over the 53-man roster.