- ESPN’s Adam Teicher expects there to be some movement on the Chiefs’ quarterback depth chart next year, as Chase Daniel is in the final year of his contract and Alex Smith is unlikely to be a long-term solution.
- Teicher writes that the Chiefs are really limited to what they can do with De’Anthony Thomas, due to his size. Because of this, Teicher expects him to have a similar role to what he played last year.
- According to Teicher, Dee Ford‘s role with the team in 2015 will be determined in large part by what transpires with Justin Houston.
- If/when Justin Houston signs his franchise tender, Teicher can still see the Chiefs working ford into a rotation of sorts with Tamba Hali.
- First-round pick CB Marcus Peters could require some time before he’s a stater in Kansas City, according to Teicher.
- Michael DiRocco writes that if the Jaguars post another 5-11 season or worse, owner Shad Khan will face a difficult decision as to whether or not they’ll retain HC Gus Bradley.
- DiRocco believes GM David Caldwell would be safe, even with another disappointing season, given that he has done a decent job of re-shaping their roster.
- According to DiRocco, a 7-9 record could be enough improvement for both Bradley and Caldwell to be back for another year.
- Paul Kuharsky mentions that free agent acquisition Perrish Cox will compete with Blidi Wreh-Wilson for a starting spot, but Cox could end up as the team’s nickelback.
- Kuharsky expects Da’Norris Searcy to solidify the Titans’ strong safety position.
- According to Kuharsky, the Titans have already reworked their playbook to fit No. 2 overall pick Marcus Mariota’s skillset.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!