“Not the way EB’s wired,” Reid said, via USA Today. “It’s weird, because we all want him here. It’s just, they couldn’t get (a contract) done.
“I think once he gets back in here, he’ll be OK around the guys and just go play. He’s pretty professional that way. He’s not really a disturber. That’s not how he rolls.”
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys’ defense has actually been better than expected during training camp, despite the injuries and suspensions they’re dealing with.
Packers OC Edger Bennett referred to WR Jeff Janis‘ development as “still a work in progress.”
“It’s still a work in progress,” Bennett said, via ESPN.com. “Truth of the matter is right now we have yet to play a preseason game. With that being said, he’s going about doing it the right way in the classroom and on the practice field, which is to improve on a daily basis, to be more fundamentally sound, and I think the overall communication and the relationship he’s building with [quarterback] Aaron [Rodgers], I think it will pay dividends.”
- Josh Katzenstein of the Times-Picayune reports that Saints DT John Jenkins is dealing with a bone bruise in his leg. However, the injury is not believed to be significant.
- Katzenstein adds that Saints CB Damian Swann is expected to return to practice in the coming weeks.
- Nick Underhill reports that Saints FB Austin Johnson is doing well in his recovery after undergoing surgery to repair his meniscus last week.
- According to Sean Fazende, Saints CB Keenan Lewis is dealing with hip and abductor strains. Although, the injury is not believed to be season-ending.