- The Dolphins have scheduled a pre-draft visit with Michigan pass rusher Taco Charlton, according to the Detroit Free Press.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins will also meet with Arkansas DL Dietrich Wise Jr.
- According to Rich Cimini, the Jets’ preference would be to trade out of the No. 6 overall pick and add some more draft selections to work with this year.
- Cimini mentions CB Marshon Lattimore, S Malik Hooker, LB Reuben Foster and QB Mitchell Trubisky as options the Jets will consider in round one.
- While team officials have said they could draft a quarterback at No. 6 overall, Cimini believes there’s some smoke to this. If no one has taken a quarterback by the time the Jets are on the clock, Cimini mentions that their No. 6 pick will only increase in value and they’re hoping a quarterback-needy team like the Browns will offer them a trade package.
- If the Jets are able to trade back to No. 12 overall with the Browns, Cimini mentions that they may be able to pick up a second-round pick from Cleveland.
- Even though HC Todd Bowles mentioned that Kelvin Beachum is “a right tackle right now,” Cimini writes that they didn’t pay him $12 million guaranteed to sit on the bench.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe points out that the Patriots lost $4.5 million of cap space last week after they borrowed $3 million in 2011 and $1.5 million 2012, which was allowed under the new CBA.
- According to Volin, he got the sense at the owners meeting that the NFL is waiting to see what happens with Tony Romo before deciding on who the Patriots’ opponent will be to open the 2017 season. If the Texans sign Romo, they would likely be the opponent. However, if there’s still no decision, Volin says that the Chiefs and Panthers appear to be the favorites to play New England.
- Jeff Howe has heard that the Patriots playing the Falcons to open the year isn’t a “sure thing” due to the complaints made by the Panthers last year.
- Darren Wolfson reports that the Vikings will host Ohio State C Pat Elflein for a pre-draft visit next week.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!