- Armando Salguero reports that Dolphins HC Adam Gase is not a fan of free agent CB Antonio Cromartie, based on how his teams have done against Cromartie in the past.
- According to Salguero, in order for the Dolphins to pursue Cromartie, it likely would require Gase to change his mind completely about him.
- As for the idea of signing veteran CB Leon Hall, Salguero points out that the Dolphins view him as a strictly slot cornerback, and aren’t certain he would be an upgrade to their current options.
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that the Rams held a mandatory team meeting Friday morning, but RB Tre Mason was not in attendance.
- Bonsignore points out that the situation involving Mason is more complicated due to the team’s inability to communicate with him.
- Although, Bonsignore says that it wouldn’t be a complete shock if Mason showed up at some point, even though that’s not the expectation.
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey told reporters that their plan for newly signed WR Andre Johnson is to “give him an opportunity to compete” for a job. (Jason Wolf)
- Mularkey added that Johnson is not guaranteed to start for them in 2016. (Jason Wolf)
- While the Vikings have been linked to free agent QB Nick Foles, Chris Tomasson reports that Minnesota is not planning to bring in a quarterback right now.
- However, Tomasson adds that the Vikings have at least discussed the idea and have an open roster spot to work with.