- Rand Getlin reports that Michigan State junior CB Trae Waynes is expected to declare for the draft as he has been meeting with potential agents.
- Baylor junior DE/OLB Shawn Oakman is “strongly considering” entering the 2015 NFL draft. (Rand Getlin)
- Rand Getlin reports that LSU DL Danielle Hunter is leaning toward staying in school for his senior year.
- HC Jim Harbaugh mentioned that RB Frank Gore is “moving through the concussion protocol,” and is expected to start Saturday’s game against the Chargers. (Matt Maiocco)
- QB Peyton Manning stretched during Thursday’s practice, but he later left the session to get treatment on his thigh injury. (Mike Klis)
- Manning is expected to practice on Friday. (Jeff Legwold)
HC Lovie Smith told reporters earlier in the year that Mike Glennon was their “quarterback of the future.” However, he backed off of this a bit on Thursday.
“His future right now is, he’s on our football team,” Smith said of Glennon, via Roy Cummings of the Tampa Bay Tribune. “We’re not talking on the future right now. The future is about that last press conference — after the season.”
- WR Randall Cobb said that he and his agent haven’t talked to the Packers about a new contract extension to his knowledge, but added that it’s on his mind. (Packer Report)