- Rob Rang reports that Ohio State CB Gareon Conley and Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie are both making a late charge up draft boards in recent weeks. Both players have been picking up momentum after injuries to Washington’s Sidney Jones and UCLA’s Fabian Moreau and the poor workout from Florida’s Teez Tabor. The teams Rang has spoken with wouldn’t be surprised if both players end up being first-round picks.
Dave Heller reports that the Eagles are hosting Wisconsin RB Corey Clement for a visit next week.
- Shepherd All-American S Tre Sullivan will work out at the Redskins’ local prospect day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bryan Broaddus says he’s spoken to some sources with the Broncos who have said that they’re having an issue getting former first-round QB Paxton Lynch to buy into things like Dak Prescott did last year with the Cowboys.
- Mike Klis refers to these concerns about Lynch as “inappropriate and false.”
- While many expect the Cowboys to target defensive help in the first few rounds of this year’s draft, Dane Brugler cautions that it’s still a possibility Dallas could consider OSU RB/WR Curtis Samuel and USC WR JuJu Smith-Schuster at either No. 60 or No. 92 overall.
- The Cowboys hosted both players for pre-draft visits in recent weeks.
- Bryan Broaddus doesn’t think the Cowboys would trade up for a secondary guy and is more convinced they’ll stay where they are and make their picks.
- Although, he doesn’t rule out the Cowboys trading back for more picks.
- James Kratch of NJ.com doesn’t think the loss of Johnathan Hankins will change the Giants’ draft strategy, as they were likely to draft a defensive lineman, even if Hankins was to re-sign with them. Kratch mentions that doing so is probably a given now that Hankins is gone, but they’ll probably wait until after the first round to do so.
- While Kratch admits that the Giants could use an interior pass rusher like Jared Odrick, he adds fans “shouldn’t take it as a given that he’s coming here“, given that he’ll be a costly option for them and could have more suitors.
- Kratch would be “pretty stunned” if the Giants re-signed WR Victor Cruz and he doesn’t even think Cruz would be able to make their 53-man roster at this point.
- Kratch doesn’t think the Giants would use their No. 23 overall pick on Miami TE David Njoku.
- In regards to free agent LB Gerald Hodges, who is one of the best available free agents, Kratch doesn’t think the Giants will pursue him and may instead add a linebacker in this year’s draft.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!